
Well I felt I should say something about the recent tragedy that was the selling of an American classic. My parents recently sold a 79 Chevy Corvette that was pure American muscle. Not only did they not decide to pass it down to one of their charming and intelligent young boys, which maybe I can understand. One is too poor and the other would either wreck it, break it, get arrested for speeding or simply watch one of his local business types just drive it away in the middle of the night. They sold it and bought a Subaru Forester...that's right a Subaru!! Sounds like something only a green hippy type living in San Francisco would do or maybe someone who has lived in Missoula far to long. Either way...say goodbye to an American icon, a piece of history, another example of why this great country is suffering and why foreign countries continue to capitalize. Say goodbye. I think they voted for Obama.
6 comments:
Yeah, you drove that car at your wedding, and I drove it to my Senior Prom… and they just throw it away like a moldy block of cheese. I put more miles (and burned off more rubber) on that fine piece of American history than they ever did. I burned figure eights into the Harvest Foods’ parking lot, and tripled the speed limit downtown at grave risk to pedestrians. And they let it rot away in neglect, as the mice tore into its soul. It’s gone now… to live on a farm upstate, just like Boomer did… gone to a better place, where it can be loved the way it deserves. And just you watch, my brother. He’s already beginning to sell off all of the Sellers family firearms. Rather than passing down heirlooms, they’re selling off our family name to afford the next decaf Mocha, double shot, extra hot, with no whip cream. Come back home, she says. Oh yeah? What home? It’s gone. It’s all gone now. With the wind… our family history fades away in the twilight, and only the darkness remains…
We must stay strong and remember my brother that tomorrow is another day... In spite of there selfishness we must press on and pass down to our generations a more bright future filled with hope and prosperity. We must strive to do better than those before us and give, without prejudice, to those we love.
Frankly, My sons.......we don't give a damm!!
Truly heartless...
I couldn't help but notice when passing the American Legend down to the next generation was mentioned that I wasn't even in the running. Least you all have forgotten LITTLE brothers I am the oldest...and the one with the best track record.
Least you have forgotten, our elder sister, you disclaimed all right to inheritance the day you sold off your family name to become a Miller. And when you moved to Missouri, the name Laura was stricken from every book and tablet. Stricken from every pylon and obelisk in Eygpt (and in Montana). The name Laura has been unheard and unspoken... erased from the memory of the Sellers family... for all time.
Post a Comment