I was also so very blessed to spend some time with my younger, yet bigger, brother and tour our nations capital. "Yes Jenny I am happy to be at our nation's capital." Matthew had the amazing privilege of guiding me around all of the sites and all of the foreigners. It was a pleasure riding the metro rail in DC and fighting for room on the train with all of those annoying Nationals fans that are rooting for a loser of a team. Not that we would know what that is like. We saw all of the memorials within a thousand square miles and managed to make it up to Gettysburg and visit the battlefield that probably changed the shape of our nation. I had a wonderful time and was happy to be the one to add a few blisters to Matthew's feet as he prepares to do it all again when the Miller Heard comes to town and the Grandparents Sellers' make the trek to DC. I really truly enjoyed myself and thank the DC Sellers' for their hospitality and pleasure of my company. So here are a few highlights of the trip...

Here is the National Fallen Firefighters Memorial, a lot of names rest on the stones surrounding this place.

The Fire Academy at sunset

Looking across Pickett's Charge at Gettysburg

That's me hangin out with General Longstreet, if he had only listened to me the battle could have gone very different.

What a Dope...he wanted to check out the Colonel Sanders Memorial

Pretty cool place at night

The Hulk and I are going to fix things in Washington

So this was quite a surprise, the mere size of the wall and all of those American boys who paid the ultimate price. As I stared into the reflection of the wall it made me think about how different life could have been. What era we have lived in and how blessed we have been. Too think about who's name could have been on that wall and so many others like it.
No comments:
Post a Comment